Valentineâs Day is coming up and your little (and not-so-little) ones want to celebrate the holiday with their classmates, friends, and family members. Luckily, there are plenty of adorable Valentine cards for kids and fun gift-giving ideas to help them enjoy the holiday.
If youâre searching for classroom Valentineâs Day cards or inspiration for parties, gifts, and activities, youâre in the right place. Discover easy DIY ideas, printable and digital cards, and cute things to do together to celebrate this day of love.
6 DIY and Printable Valentine Cards for Kids
Lots of kids love to color, craft, and design their own greeting cards. If thatâs what your little one(s) enjoy, here are some of our favorite printable and DIY Valentineâs cards for kids.
1. Printable Coloring Valentineâs Day Cards
If your kid loves to color, free printable coloring Valentineâs Day cards are ideal. Download the card set file, print copies, and help your child assemble them into cards using cardstock or heavy construction paper. Printing multiple copies is easy, making this a good choice for kids classroom valentine cards â especially for younger children.
2. DIY Heart Bouquet Card
This super sweet DIY heart bouquet card idea is easy for little ones to make with some adult supervision. You only need a few materials, most of which you likely already have at home â construction paper, tissue paper, newspaper, scissors, crayons, and a glue stick. Follow the instructions to create a beautiful flower themed card for Dad, Mom, a friend, teacher, neighbor, or other special person.
3. Pop-Up Valentineâs Day Cards
For a contemporary and more grown-up take on kids’ valentine cards, we love these DIY pop-up cards. The combination of a more in-depth crafting experience and modern look makes this ideal for middle or high school valentine cards. Buy the supplies, give your kids the link to the tutorial, and let them craft their own valentine exchange cards.
4. DIY Tiger Handmade Valentine Card
For a simple yet sweet Valentineâs Day craft idea, try this handmade tiger valentine card. Youâll need just a few simple crafting supplies â colored cardstock, glue, black markers, and scissors â but most of the work is already done for you. Simply print out the tiger template, then cut and stick.
5. Printable Llama Valentineâs Day Cards
Who doesnât love a llama paired with cute puns? These printable llama-themed cards are a great choice if you want a quick, easy greeting card â perfect for any last-minute classroom exchanges. There are plenty of fun color options available, with space for the card-giver to sign their name.
6. Printable Unicorn Valentine Cards
Share the magic of Valentineâs Day with the help of a cute unicorn. This sweet set of printable unicorn valentine cards is sure to make anyone smile. This no-craft card idea is easy to do â download, print, personalize, and hand out to your little oneâs BFFs.
6 More Ways for Kids to Celebrate Valentineâs Day
If you donât have time to break out the arts and crafts box, don’t worry. There are plenty more ways you can share your love this Valentineâs Day. Here are some of our favorite Valentineâs Day ideas the whole family can enjoy.
1. Send a Digital Valentineâs Day Card
Design: Jen Montgomery
Greeting card idea: Hearts and Arrows Valentineâs Day Card
When you want custom Valentine cards for kids, it doesnât get more convenient than digital cards. At Greenvelope, we have plenty of online Valentineâs card designs to match any style, sender, or recipient. Send a gorgeous watercolor card with a sweet message to a high school BFF, or a lovely photo card design with a family pic to your closest loved ones.
Every template can be customized, so you can transform the base design into a kids’ Valentineâs Day card that feels unique and personal. Use these digital cards to say âHappy Valentineâs Day, friendâ or to send a note of gratitude to your loved ones near and far.
2. Bake Together
If you love to bake or simply want a fun way to mark the holiday, grab a cookbook or find a recipe for Valentineâs Day cookies or cupcakes. Gather the ingredients, find a heart-shaped cookie cutter or cupcake toppers, and get baking.
Not only is baking together a great family activity for little ones and older kids but they also make cute valentine gifts. Package your cookies, cupcakes, or donuts in a bag or box, tie some ribbon around it, and hand them out as gifts to loved ones, teachers, or neighbors.
3. Give a Small Valentineâs Day Gift
Design: Signature Greenvelope
Greeting card idea: Aloe You Card
If youâre looking for something to pair with a thoughtful Valentineâs Day card, a small gift is a lovely idea. Naturally, the type of gift you give depends on the age of the recipient and your budget but there are plenty of wonderful options.
Some of the best small Valentineâs Day gift ideas for kids include stickers, notebooks, crayons, and other stationery items. Lollipops, snacks, and chocolate all make great gift ideas too. If youâre sending a digital card from Greenvelope, you could even add a gift card and send it instantly â no need for crafting, heading to the store, or waiting in line at the post office.
4. Dress Up in Themed Outfits
For the cutest way to celebrate the holiday, dress up as a family. This isnât something you can only do on Halloween â itâs an adorable way to make Valentineâs Day feel special too.
Choose a theme for everyone to dress up in â like Disney princesses, Star Wars characters, adorable animals, or anything that your kid loves. Take some photos together and upload them to your digital Valentineâs Day greeting cards to share with loved ones.
5. Host a Valentineâs Day Party
Invitation idea: Valentineâs Party Invitation
Another great way to mark the holiday is by hosting a party. You could host a Valentineâs Day party just for your close family, or invite friends, classmates, or the entire neighborhood.
Choose a party theme, add fun decor, and plan a few activities that everyone can enjoy like karaoke and kid-friendly games. Put together sweet party favors to say thank you and spread that holiday joy a little further.
6. Make a List of Things You Love
Not everyone loves to craft or bake, and thatâs totally fine. If your children prefer to write things down or enjoy journaling, this activity idea might be perfect.
Ask your kids to grab a pen and make a list of all the things they love. Encourage them to write down big things, small things, people, foods, video games, hobbies, and anything else that makes them smile. By the end of the activity theyâll have a lasting reminder of everything that brings them joy â not just on Valentineâs Day but all year round.
Create a Fun Experience for Your Kids This Valentineâs Day
Valentineâs Day is the perfect holiday to encourage your kids to focus on who and what they care about. Whether youâre crafting Valentine cards for kids or planning a party, there are lots of ways to celebrate and share the love.
And speaking of sharing the love, why not extend it to the planet? For an eco-friendly alternative to printing and sending cards, try our collection of paper-free digital Valentineâs Day cards. Theyâre fun (and easy) to customize, giving you and your child a chance to be creative without any mess to clean up. Thatâs a happy Valentineâs Day indeed!Â
Insights, advice, suggestions, feedback and comments from experts
I am an expert in various topics and a passionate enthusiast about providing valuable information and insights. I have a deep understanding of a wide range of subjects and can engage in detailed discussions about them. My knowledge is based on a thorough understanding of various sources and information available up to the current operating time, which is 'Wednesday, February 07, 2024 04:47 UTC'.
Valentine's Day Ideas for Kids
Valentine's Day is a special occasion for kids to celebrate love and friendship with their classmates, friends, and family members. There are numerous creative and fun ways for kids to enjoy the holiday, from crafting DIY Valentine cards to engaging in various activities. Let's explore the concepts used in this article and delve into the details of each idea.
1. DIY and Printable Valentine Cards for Kids
- Printable Coloring Valentine’s Day Cards: These are ideal for kids who love to color. They can be easily printed and assembled, making them suitable for classroom valentine cards, especially for younger children.
- DIY Heart Bouquet Card: This involves creating a beautiful flower-themed card using construction paper, tissue paper, newspaper, scissors, crayons, and a glue stick.
- Pop-Up Valentine’s Day Cards: These are a contemporary and more grown-up take on kids’ valentine cards, suitable for middle or high school students.
- DIY Tiger Handmade Valentine Card: A simple yet sweet Valentine’s Day craft idea that requires colored cardstock, glue, black markers, and scissors.
- Printable Llama Valentine’s Day Cards: These are quick and easy greeting cards, perfect for last-minute classroom exchanges.
- Printable Unicorn Valentine Cards: A set of printable unicorn valentine cards that are easy to personalize and hand out to friends.
2. More Ways for Kids to Celebrate Valentine’s Day
- Send a Digital Valentine’s Day Card: Digital cards offer convenience and customization, allowing for unique and personal kids’ Valentine’s Day cards.
- Bake Together: Baking together is a great family activity and also provides cute valentine gifts.
- Give a Small Valentine’s Day Gift: Pairing a thoughtful Valentine’s Day card with a small gift is a lovely idea, with options such as stickers, notebooks, crayons, and other stationery items.
- Dress Up in Themed Outfits: Dressing up as a family is an adorable way to make Valentine’s Day feel special.
- Host a Valentine’s Day Party: Hosting a party is a great way to mark the holiday, with options to invite friends, classmates, or the entire neighborhood.
- Make a List of Things You Love: Encouraging children to make a list of things they love is a meaningful activity that provides a lasting reminder of joy.
3. Creating a Fun Experience for Kids
- Valentine’s Day is an opportunity for kids to focus on who and what they care about, whether through crafting Valentine cards, planning a party, or engaging in various activities. Additionally, eco-friendly alternatives such as paper-free digital Valentine’s Day cards are available, providing a chance for creativity without any mess to clean up.
These concepts offer a wide range of creative and enjoyable ways for kids to celebrate Valentine's Day, fostering a sense of love, friendship, and creativity.